
Yea, I voted. It was SO nice to be able to walk in, get my ballot, and vote in under 10 minutes. They sure know how to do at least one thing right in California. No 3 hour wait with Kiera in the stroller for me. No siree!
Kiera and I went right after her gymnastics class. We were driving in the car and she asked if we were going straight home (we usually run errands). I said that we were going to go vote. Then she said that she needed to go home and get her live jacket. I thought and thought and couldn't figure out what she meant...
Me: You need your LIVE JACKET?
Kiera: Yup, my LIVE jacket.
Me: What do you need a Live jacket for?
Kiera: Well when the boat goes fast, you HAVE to wear your LIVE jacket.
Me: Oh, Oh, Oh! You thought we were going to go boating, not voting. Oh dear, this won't be nearly as fun.
If you haven't voted or boated please try to do so today, the latter might be a bit chilly. Don't forget your live jacket.

7 comments:
so cute, kiera! :) i'm glad your voting experience was a pleasure... ca has some advantages!
I love that girl. we all need a "live jacket" sometimes. She's so safety conscious.
I can't believe you had to wait in a 3 hour line before. good thing you moved here :)
love ya
Brilliant!!! She is such a funny girl. I am glad Matt and I just mailed our absentee ballot rather than waiting in line for 3 hours.
I hope CA does lots of things right for ya! I love this story and that bright, adorable, perceptive little Kiera! She's so dang cute!
oops, that was Annie, not Slavens. (Kristi was on my computer yesterday!)
That is hilarious! Children make our lives so much more entertaining:)
can i still vote if i am a moron? love the button and the kid quote. i always wanted a live jacket. dead ones are so gross!
Post a Comment