Friday, July 3, 2009

Crow Canyon Day Camp

Last week the kids did what all kids should be able to do sometime in the summer: go to camp. They sang songs, played games, had doughnut eating contests, and made boondoggle accessories. They went on creek hikes, played cops and robbers and broom ball and went rock climbing. The best part? Their camp counselors and their crazy made up names: Cricket, Python, Ladybug, Firefly, Cattails, Mango, Cactus, Porcupine, Chipmunk, Toucan. Goose was the favorite and they chased and tortured him all week. A summertime rite of passage.

2 comments:

AnnieB said...

Next year there will be no not actually registering when I thought I had actually registered. We'll be there! No memories to be had without my brood anymore! You can bet on it!

Rach said...

Ok - Love the 4th of July photo on the bikes - you're so good. Also I would love the photo of CCDC with all the kids (mine look a little funny) but still captures the moment.