
Where do I start. I don't know how this happened, but all three girls are on the Aqua Bears swim team for the summer.
This isn't a job. Or even a volunteer position at church. We picked this. Why?
I wonder this at 6 a.m. on Saturday when we are all getting up and heading for the swim meet.
But then there are the friends.
And they start to look like they know what they are doing.



And how can you discount all that down time in the tent with the DS. That is quality time, folks.

And this girl has the BEST attitude. Even though her official swim team suit is still on backorder. Who is that darling girl in that sea of blue and black shining in her bright pink? That's my Neve.

And then there is Kiera. She swims! She loves Kaya her swim teacher (she is 11).

She won her heat on Saturday and exclaimed, "Mama, I was so fast!". She is anxiously awaiting the delivery of her blue ribbon.

We aren't quite at the love portion of our fling with the swim team, but we are definitely beyond the hate. Wish us luck for next Saturday. Yes, that is our nation's birthday party. How will we be celebrating? Parade? Pancake breakfast? No, swim meet. From 7 a.m. till 2 p.m. Hmmmmm.




3 comments:
you go, callaway girl... even on the 4th... wow!!
Hah! I love it!!!!
Oooh, I'm in love with these pictures! They make swim team look glossy and fun and wonderful and...it is! Right?? We're still on the fence too! No, the pros DEFINITELY outweigh the cons...I mean check out those adorable swim teamers! Eat their bubbles!
Post a Comment