Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blue Hawaii



It is that time of year again folks. Yep, dance show time. Kiera was up at bat first with a Thursday dress rehersal, a Friday night performance with a community choir and then the real deal the next afternoon on the big stage.



Kiera has had so much fun with her friends all year with Miss Christie and her ballet class. She may have has her resistant moments, but was so ready for the recital. I downloaded the song last week and had her show me the dance, thinking that she wouldn't have a clue. She performed it for me perfectly, smiles and all.



She was so excited to get hair and makeup going on. When I put the mascara on the first time, she just stood there staring in the mirror. "Mommy, they are so long," she mused as she blinked slowly over and over again. Precious. By the third performance she was old hat. No jitters, just ready to shine.


The theme of the show was a trip across the good 'ol USA. Our stop: Hawaii. Elvis stylie.


Enjoy.

4 comments:

Maria said...

By the title of this post I thought you guys went to Hawaii. Well, that is such a big improvement. I still remember that post you had awhile ago. Good job Kiera. You did an amazing job! I really like the photo of Kiera by herself. The blue dress brings out her beutiful blue eyes.

Dana said...

Kiera,
I loved your "Blue Hawaii" dance. You were so graceful! Your Mom took some amazing picture of you and the other dancers. Loved them.
Nana

eeeekins said...

What a beautiful little girl. I cannot believe how old she looks with a little make up.

Amanda said...

She has such grace. What a sweet dance. I loved the pictures. Oh what beautiful eyes.