Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Redwood Country



We just got back from 4 wonderful days in the Northern California redwood country. It was amazing. The days were cool and foggy. The nights were cool and foggy. I love camping when you really need to snuggle down in your bag. So different than the Southern Camping we are used to. You know, sleeping on top of your bag, and leaving a sweaty stain in the shape of your body by morning. When people give me the sad consoling eyes when I tell them about our camping weather last weekend, I know we haven't been gone from Memphis quite long enough. We are still relishing each and every day without heat and humidity. We loved the cool foggy weather.



The trip was filled with old friends, new friends and family. What more could a girl ask for. It was so nice to spend some time with the Reese's and meet their longtime friends. We love living close enough to invite Clay's brother's family along, and thrilled that Sarah was brave enough to come with her three boys without Josh.



We ate great food, cooked over an open fire (chicken nuggets, at that! Thanks so the memories, Sarah), hiked, let the kids all loose in the campground, Lord of the Flies style, climbed down to many amazing beaches, explored tide pools, and wondered at that star of the trip; the coast Redwood.



We really could have stayed in the State Park that we were camping in, because it was filled with fun and adventure. We did tear ourselves away to see the rest of the sites in the area.



Naturally, the girls wanted to do any and all Junior Ranger programs, so they can add to their collection of badges and patches. They love learning. I love that they love to learn. I have great kids!



Marie, thanks so much for the invite to your fun annual trip. Hopefully, we can make it a tradition, too.

12 comments:

Gwen Hawkins said...

I LOVE your pages!! Do you do yours in elements? I still cant figure it out..I still use publisher, but it seems like elements has so many more tricks and options.

GREENLAW said...

looks like another fun trip! we've never been up there... we'll need to plan a visit! your pages do look great!

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Britt,

Can you rub in that great weather any more? We are anxiously waiting for cooler days here in Memphis; the humidity however, we know is here to stay:( So fun to see the sites of your trip. You are really quite the photographer!

Melissa

Mugsy said...

OK seriously, fess up...did you or did you not win the lottery? I am only askin....cause...hello...
when does Clay ever work? Aside from the non stop fun I am missing you guys as always! And I love love the pics! Britt you are the most talented girl ever!!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Wow, looks like you guys are having a blast in CA. Have you been there a year already? The girls are getting so big! Dave needs to e-mail Clay. He misses having someone to talk music with.

Mandi said...

um, your pictures look amazing! i can tell you are loving that 50 mm in natural light!! I love the grouping of shots with the slugs and ferns. Beautiful. Doesn't it just make you happy!?

Rach said...

Britt you photos are AMAZING! I love how you laid them out in your pages too. It's true talent. I LOVE you. I'm glad you had fun, it looks fabulous!

AnnieB said...

It is official! You are simply AMAZING! Your pages look like glossy magazine spreads. Every picture is breathtaking...seriously heart-stopping with the beauty and awe! And your borders and fonts and layout and, of course, your beautiful family! I love it and I love you all!
Please take us there someday--I don't care if it's a six hour drive!

Kerstin said...

Looks like another incredibly fun trip! If you guys keep going on awesome trips like that, we might just have to move there!! :) Do you ever experience a dull moment there?? Seriously- no wonder you were dying to get back to CA! We miss you!!!

Jayne Ekins said...

Wow, what a beautiful place! You're such a great mom, Britt! Your kids have such full lives. Beautiful pages.

Rach said...

Ok, I'm just getting a second to come back and look closely at all your pages. AWESOME. I think you pulled a me. you spelled pocket "picket" when talking about Neve picking up all the treasures on the beach. Maybe it's an inside joke that I don't get, but since I do that all the time it makes me feel a little better when someone else does it too!

love you tons

brent.ekins said...

What a beautiful area. Where did you say that it was? How do you find out about these places? I loved all of the pictures.

Love,
Nana Dana