Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lake Tahoe

Maren says that she is the only child in her whole school who has never been to Lake Tahoe. Can you believe the injustice of it all? So when Annie called last minute to invite us up for the weekend, we jumped at the chance. (even if we haven't slept in our own beds for the last three weekends). We weren't disappointed. It was beautiful, delightful and relaxing. Except for the part about being out of town for the weekend. Again.



I had a bad travel dream each night we were there. The first one involved telling my councilors at church that I was going out of town AGAIN, but I couldn't for the life of me remember where I was going.



The set of the second dream had me packing for a trip to Hawaii with Annie (I guess it was a two girls trip?). I looked in my closet, in the dryer and hamper but couldn't find any clothes or shoes to pack, and the final straw was not being able to find my camera. No one could really go to HAWAII without their camera, right! I was trying to figure out how I was going to buy a camera in the airport while Annie waited impatiently, reminding me that we had to get to the airport quickly so we could be early. 'C'mon Britt. It IS an international flight. We have to get there two hours before the flight'



An international flight...to HAWAII? Good thing it was just a three hour drive to Tahoe. Man, I gotta stay home. Maybe in March...

5 comments:

GREENLAW said...

great pics, great video... glad you had fun! are you ready for more fun in the snow next mon.?? :)

Mugsy said...

O ssssooooo sooooo FUN! I love the dreams. Those cracked me up. Sweet train on the sleds too. And all I can say is poor poor little Maren and her limited vacationing that she had never gone to Lake Tahoe. I wonder why the kids at school don't say: You have never been to Soda Springs ID? Everyone goes there!
Hah, more like they will mock her to no end if she says that is her trip destination!

AnnieB said...

Ha! I love it! you didn't tell me about the Hawaii dream--funny I had the dream up there about packing my suitcase only to find that it kept emptying again and I could never fill it up and i was going to be late for my flight. D'ya think it's time we stay home for a weekend!?
I love all your pictures and the great video! So much fun! You are a-mazing!
(sidenote--the word verification is "dazin"--i like it--sounds like me today!)

Rach said...

Oh how fun! Wish we could of made it. I LOVE your photos, as always. Your family shot is beautiful and the sledding ones are awesome. You video is very entertaining. I almost felt like I was there! next time!

Anonymous said...

I am always smiling after reading your blog. These pictures and the video were great.