
Clay can relate. On September 30th, I received a phone call before 7 am. You know that is never good.

"Baby, I crashed my bike and I need you to pick me up"
End result: one totaled bike, one cracked helmet, road rash on ear, face, shoulder, elbow, hips, hands, thigh, and knee (as shown), holes in one jacket and one riding jersey and both gloves. One cracked tooth and one crown being crafted this week.

On October 9th I came down with a brutal case of the Swine Sniffles and felt horrible for at least 10 days. After being ill for over a week, I was looking forward to the weekend so that I could stay in bed and kick that thing. Friday October 16th here I come!
On October 16th, I received a wake up call before 6 a.m. You know that is never good. "Baby, I am having a kidney stone and I need you to take me to the Emergency Room". End result: three days of excruciating pain, but no baby yet. Side benefit, we now have a supply of narcotics in the house again. It had been 11 years since the last kidney stone, so our supply was running low.

On October 26th I received a call from Clay in the middle of the afternoon. Very strange indeed. "I am getting on the train. I need you to come pick me and my bike up at the station." (It was the first day back riding to BART after the crash. Yes, he rebuilt the bike and healed most of the road rash). " I might not make it to the station because I am having a migraine and am mostly blind. I will call you if I don't think I can make it all the way to my station."
Very unfortunate indeed.
A couple of rounds of imetrex and he is all better now. I am writing this in the hopes that Clay's run of tough luck is over and I will have nothing further to share.
Just in case, I have asked one Miss Violet Baudelaire to invent a Turn of Bad Luck Crushing Device. I will keep you posted on her progress.

(p.s. When Violet invents things she ties her hair up with a black ribbon)

11 comments:
Oh Britt...I am sorry. We are thiking about you guys. hang in there. It will get better. Have fun this upcoming Halloween weekend. Love Maren's halloween costume. Can't wait to see Neve and Kiera's custumes. We love you guys!
no wonder we haven't talked all month!!! i thought i was busy!!! so sorry about everything... it's going to get better now for sure.
yeech! enough already!
goodness...
that is all I can come up with.
series of unfortunate events indeed! it really does make for a good post though and i do love the documentation--especially the one where it looks like you're standing on the hospital bed to take his picture!
Sorry to hear about all your rotten luck!! Swine flu is in full swing at our house...but luckily no road rash or kidney stones. Happy Halloween.
dude. that blood picture is pretty burly. you weren't kidding about that accident. keep your eye on that guy! he's sketchy!
You guys have definitely had your fair share for a while!! Here's to an injury and sick-free holiday season!
O poor poor Clay. I remember getting a call from JOsh one morning as well. He was in the ER for walking into a pole. Yes you heard me right. Nearly gave himself a concussion and split his eye brow.
I have to say, that is such a great costume!!!
Britt! Craziness! I'm glad you are all, all better now. Right?
great costumes for the kids. way to think out of the box... we had a cheerleader, ninja, and 'wondergirl'. clay needs to strap on a helmet... permanently it sounds like!??
Post a Comment