We got up when we wanted. Did whatever we wanted. And no one asked me to wipe them. We did however drive around with the pink Pepto Bismal bottle shining like a gringo beacon on the dashboard of the late model Surburban we were cruzing. Can you say, "Clear and present danger?"
We ate when and what we wanted. This was mostly the homeade fresh (quite limey) guacamole diet. We finally got warm (I have been cold for the last couple of months in *frigid* California). We laid in the sun (OK, that part was just me, but Clay and Rach bonded in the call of "Whitey's Unite!" under their umbrella). Clay did get a minor under the umbrella shade burn. Color!
We saw whales and dolphins. We greeted the sunset each night with our boogie boards, and by that time the water was warmer than the air. We took walks. We had Tacos on the Street in Bucerias. We sneaked into the Four Seasons to use their hot tub and loved watching Alicia squirm when the attendant asked for her last name after the he brought her a lemonade slushy and towel bed. We sometimes spent more time trying to find our dinner spot than time we spent eating our dinner there. We laughed. We took a day trip to a little surf town called Sayulitos and got to see Brad and Scott in matching camo rash guards as they were catching some waves, and a purse with a topless mermaid on it. We had fun bartering with the vendors on the beach. We saw tropical fish in their native habitat while snorkeling. Did I mention we slept in? Then we laid in the sun again? The ladies got hit on by a teenage boy while walking on the beach. Wierd. We played the newlywed game and schooled those fools. We accidentally ate dinner at an all-inclusive condo resort and it only cost us like $12 each (pretty sure that was cash under the table to everyone still on shift that night). One of us got food poisioning. Serves us right.
Yes, we got away from it all. No this is not all the photos, just the ones I have gotten to. Keep posted for when I get them all sorted! I am sure you will stay home all weekend waiting for me.







6 comments:
Oooh. Ouch. I'm feelin' it. Oh, the heartache. the jealous rage (okay, rage is a strong word) I still can't believe we couldn't come! My bestest peeps in the whole wide world and I couldn't be there! I should be in those pictures doing handstands on the beach, I should've been there sleeping in, laying out, eating out and getting hit on by young boys on the beach. Oh, the pain.
I love your pics of one of my favorite places on earth!
Someday.
Can I put these pics of the house on my blog by the way? I'm going to send your link to my in-laws too because I don't think they've ever seen the house so beautifully captured as through your lens. wow!
Love it. Love you.
You two are just so adorable! We are so glad you guys finally had the opportunity to do a trip like that. You guys deseve it more than anybody! The pics are amazing. Can't wait to see your other pics.
I LOVE your post! It captured it perfectly!! Your photos brought it to life like no one else could. I'm so glad you could come - we must do it again.
I LOVE your post! It captured it perfectly!! Your photos brought it to life like no one else could. I'm so glad you could come - we must do it again.
Ummm.... I need to go to Mexico.
Looks like it was fantastic.
Post a Comment