Maren started piano lessons 3 months ago, and had her first solo piano recital on Friday night. She was pretty nervous, as you can tell from the beginning of the clip. She says, "Hi, my name is Maren and I am going to play 'Horse Sense'". Can anyone make that out?
The poor girl looked like she was going to throw up, but then she started to play. She played her piece flawlessly, and without any music. It seems she has a natural talent. Her timing is great. She really likes to play and practice, but she did say today that she is getting sick of "Horse Sense" (finally, phew).
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
A piano recital??? That is amazing, I love that she looked like she was going to throw up. It sounded so good! Can't wait to see you guys in the East Bay soon! I'll call you!
maren! look how far you've come in three months!! that was a very good performance!! and that's coming from someone who has heard "horse sense" even more than you!! :) recitals can be scary, but don't you LOVE how you feel when it's over??? :) congrats!
wow! impressive. i know exactly how she felt. i thought i made the world's fastest exit from the bench... but we just might have a tie! i can't believe she's only been taking 3 months. i need to start teaching emma.
Maren,
I know that you have been secretly taking piano lesson and that you haven't really been taking just three months.
I love that your timing was right on the money. As my one time piano teacher, Miss Brown, use to say: "The key to playing the piano is counting every note". Oh, and by the way, I use to feel like throwing up every time I went to her house for a lesson and every time I left her house after finishing a lesson.
Good job!
Nana
O, ofcourse she would choose a song with horse in the title! That is a girl after my own heart. I have finally got Josh looking forward to getting some horses. So now when you come to visit, Maren can saddle up and leave me one of her amazing horse drawings!
Post a Comment