
So we got a great tip from Jenny that the poppies were in bloom and that we better head out a see them before they fade. So we cruised up to Mount Diablo to see what all the fuss is about.
Well, the fuss was all about amazingly beautiful blooms, a fun hike and good friends.
We managed to stay most of the day hanging out with the Barlow's and Lauper's first, then following it up with another hiking round with the Edgren's and Blatter's.

Thanks to Annie for this photo.
So much fun. One of the things I missed most about Cali when we lived in Memphis was hiking around. When I complained to any locals the conversation usually went like this:
Me: I miss hiking
Native Memphian: What do you mean, we have forests here as far as the eye can see...
Me: (thinking...how would you know how far that is since your view is always obscured up by all the forests...) Well, all the forests are flat here.
Native Memhian: And...
Me: Well hiking involves some kind of elevational change. You know...you go up...then you come down. "hiking" here is really just a nature walk. I miss the mountains.
Native Memphian: Y'all Northerners are crazy.


Anyway, I love being closer to mountains. OK, Mt. Diablo is really a bump comparatively, but I can get carsick driving to and from, so that is just fine by me.

9 comments:
Love the cool coloring--awesome shots! I sent you some more and posted a few more also. They're all so great, it's hard to decide!(there's one of you and Neve walking together that is too cute!) So fun!
I didn't see the single shot of Kiera! You have to post that one!
I'm so glad you two have cameras and take great photos so I can bum them off you. As always, beautiful photos.
(We're back on your blog because Hannah wanted to see it! Yours is one of her favorites) So glad you added Kiera's pic. Too cute for words!
ok britt- you and kiera look beautiful in that picture! i LOVED your photos! i'll just have to return to this post often and imagine myself somewhere beautiful... other than memphis!
great pics.. that looks like a lot of fun!! what are your plans this weekend?? we were supposed to be boarding, but corey has vineyard duty... i'm not sure what we'll end up doing... i'm going to utah next week.
i love the pictures they are beautiful. i agree with the previous comments, you look really pretty in the picture with you and kiera.
by the way the anonymous comment above was placed by me, maria hatler. for some reason i was not paying attention and i placed the comment as anonymous.....ha!
Seriously Britt, you have to do something with this talent of photography. i am just engulfed in each photo by beauty of it. I have to say the photo of you and Kiera you should be on the cover of a magazine..So cool...Man you guys look like your having so much fun. I loved the Mempis vs Cali dialoge.....I miss you guys...
Post a Comment