Thursday, April 24, 2008

Meat on Grill action



Mr. Sam Cannon came to town and we got a few of the old college friends together. Kent and Michaela graciously hosted all of us, including Tracy, for some bbq action. Kent is famous for his meat skills, and I now finally got to partake of the sweet goodness. It was amazing. Clay was going to borrow Kent's book "Everything is Better with Bacon", but the title gave away the ending.



We finally got to meet Kent and Michaela's kids, who are adorable. It took a little for Miles to warm up but once we started in on the battle games, he was in!



It was also taking Clay a little while to warm up, so we put together the Playmobile soccer set.



Miles played as Inter Milan, with Kiera as goalie. Clay and Neve played as Hamburger SV (although sporting red socks instead of their traditional blue.) Hamburg won the Fair Play Cup 2-1 with a brace from defender Bastian Reinhardt, who also hit the woodwork twice. Olivier Dacourt replied with a late, long-range goal for Inter.



It was the largest House of Fun gathering we've been to for years, full of old stories, loud laughter, clever irony, and poor jokes, reaffirming our knowledge that the HoF boys married way above their stations and that the second generation is awfully cute!

3 comments:

emily said...

clay looks a little TOO into the soccer game. odd.

Midge said...

How fun, I wish I could have been there. All the guys look as handsome and when we use to stock them 10 years ago. I'm sure they all asked how I was doing, and you told them fabulous, right. If you see any of them again tell them Hi for me.

Anonymous said...

Clay looks awfully biz-dev too what with the lapis blue shirt and the slacks.

Lots of tucking going on there too...c'mon fellas, live a little.