
Our poor children were so deprived. Before last week, they had never been to that Magical Place of all Children's Dreams Coming True. Someone really should have reported us.

So with a happy tear in his eye, Clay took us to Disneyland.


Q: How many in your group?
A: um, 26
Q: No really, how many in your group?
A: Yeah, I know. 26.


Naturally the kids were opposed to having to share a seat with an adult, so Annie and I had to ride together. The teenage boy who checked the seatbelts lingered while checking ours.
Kiera loved the Matterhorn. She calls it the "Scary Monster Fast Ride with the Bats." As soon as it ended she asked to go again. Instead we sneaked her onto Space Mountain. When that ride ended she had tears, no not really tears but the water that is forced out of your eyes when you are propelled at 60 mph through near total darkness, streaming out the corners of her eyes with some pretty sweet Farrah Fawcett windswept hair. "I like it, mommy". Wish we had a photo of that look.
Neve always ended up having the most awesome hair in those Disneycam shots. Later in the day I finally wised up and started taking a shot of the disney photo with my camera. So funny. I would have taken the shot of Kiera on Space Mountain, but she was invisible, as she was too short for the camera to find her. hmmm. maybe there is a reason why she should have been 40 inches...
Good times were had by all. And then we have to do it all again the next day...
We rode a few of the favorites in Disneyland (Space Mountain, the Matterhorn, Dumbo) while waiting for the California Adventure park to open.
Woman, where is my super suit?!
Many thanks to Rachel. I recommend to anyone considering a Disney trip to be sure to take along a dear friend who is pregnant; not being able to ride, Rachel got stuck with all the three kids who were under 40 inches.
My personal favorite was the Tower of Terror. I asked that no one tell me what the rides were like before hand, so as to savor the surprise. In case you didn't know, Maren has a deathly fear of elevators. She will always ask me to point her to the stairs if possible. We got in the line for Tower of Terror, and it was too late for Maren to back out when we realized the premise was that something goes terribly wrong in an elevator. It was an awesome ride. Maren chose not to go again later when I took just Neve.

We made it back into Disneyland in time to see the parade again. Kiera liked it a lot.
Final Ride score:
Disneyland 20
California Adventure 13
The next day was a surf attempt day. Clay worked really hard to get Rick's spare wetsuit on so he could give it another try. I kept thinking that it was taking a really long time, but kept my mouth shut. Finally, Clay asked for assistance with the back zip. The thing was so tight it brought visions of Elizabethan corsets to mind. There was just no way it was going to zip. Skin was taking every chance to escape. I was about to give up and tell Clay he must have gotten terribly fat since the last time he wore it when I saw the flowers. Sure enough, it was the 105 pound Marie's wetsuit. It is so figure flattering on Clay. Made my day.

11 comments:
magical, of course. glad you guys had fun! :)
ahh so jealous! look like you all had a blast! to bad we are stuck he is sticky o'll Memphis :)
OH so fun! We'll have to go again, when I can ride ALL the rides. Maybe by then Michelle will be pregnant and she can be on kid duty :)
love the photos, as always.
I absolutely, totally and completely love Disneyworld. I've never been to Disneyland (even though I served part of my mission in Anaheim...silly rules..). The kids really are what makes it fun.
haha! Great synopsis of a fabulous trip. I can't stop laughing about Clay in his own "super suit". That was hilarious! We really should take all of family vacations together since our kids are "cousins"! I'll take lingering attention from a young Disneyland worker with you any day!!
you forgot the pic of the girls with Mickey. That's worth documenting!
nice a** clay!
Clay, I'll make sure and bring Lucy's wetsuit the next time we go surfing with you...apologies for the mistake but you look hot in tight women's wear.
Oh my word, that last picture is hilarious! I actually think you are a great mom for not taking your kids to Disney until now. They are at the perfect age to truly enjoy everything about it (and I dare say you got your $$ worth!). Oh, and Tower of Terror is a favorite of mine also! :)
tell maren not to worry- i screamed on that one as well.
clay looks lovely in a wet suit by the way...
I spent my last visit to Disneyland in the infirmary after I upchucked on Main Street USA upon entering that enchanted place. All I remember is lots of white sheets (in front of my eyes and on the infirmary bed). I think, but am not sure, that Brent had a good time with the kids (except for that dang "It's a Small World After All" song that gets stuck in everyone's brain. Glad that your visit was much more magical!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment